Authorship’s recently launched ICO has already raised over $1M attracting over 800 investors to date. According to the formulated plan, 80% of the total 100 million ATS tokens will be sold to investors, whereas the remaining 20% are reserved for the first 100,000 authors who will register at the platform according to a predetermined schedule.
With the aim of providing a platform to authors, readers, publishers and even translators where they cannot only interact, but can also offer and avail services, Authorship.com is going to redefine the book industry.
Authorship aims to simplify the book publishing process by giving all the authorities to the author. When an author publishes a book at the platform, he/she enjoys all the rights and does not have to comply with the complex policies of publishers, worry about the distribution or share the major chunk of royalties with the publishing company.
In addition to helping authors getting their works published and being sold across the world, authorship will be a platform for readers, publishers and translators as well.
When it comes to getting the hard copies of books published, authorship will revolutionize the publishing industry by reversing the typical scenario where the authors have no option, but to compromise on money, as the publisher takes the most profit, to get their books published.
Rather than making authors look for a publishing company, the platform will make publishers compete among themselves to get the rights for publishing a book.
Whenever a reader will order a printed book on authorship, all the interested publishers on the platform will forward their quotes for printing the book and delivering it to the reader. This will give birth to a competitive environment where not only the publishers will be forced to come up with more realistic offers (low process), but the authors will also have the option to choose the best from a variety of publishers.
Authorship will also bring amazing opportunities for all the language experts out there. A lot of authors want their books to be translated into one or more languages so that more and more people, all over the world, can read them. However, many cannot make it happen because they have access to only a limited number of translators who usually charge high amounts of money for the work.
At Authorship, the authors will be connected to large numbers of translators all over the world, which will ensure competitive prices. The royalty from the sale of every translated book will be shared by the author and the translator automatically.
To sum up, it can easily be said that with the aim of resolving one of the biggest challenges authors face i.e. to get their books printed and distributed, to create numerous career opportunities for translators, and to connect readers with at least 100,000 authors from all over the world, authorship is going to drastically transform the book industry.